John Kenny Wieber, P.E.
Mr. Wieber joined the firm in 1982 as Chief Mechanical Engineer having at that time 12 years of experience in design and contracting. His experience with the practical aspects of design and installation quickly made Mr. Wieber a key individual in the firm. He was appointed a Principal in 1986. Mr. Wieber’s experience with both contracting and consulting engineering firms allows for a unique insight into the practical implementation of our designs and for a thoroughly knowledgeable participation in the construction administration process.
During the period of September 1986 through December 1997, Mr. Wieber directed ASW’s entire effort for the J. Paul Getty Fine Art Center in Los Angeles, California. Mr. Wieber oversaw and coordinated the firm’s three mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection design teams throughout the design and construction processes. During that period, Alieri’s effort totaled 150,000 man-hours of design and construction administration.
Mr. Wieber directs and supervises all mechanical engineering and plumbing standards for the office. In addition to his engineering responsibilities, Mr. Wieber also coordinates the firm’s computer hardware and software, the firm’s computer networks, printing and plotting operations, and financial software.
Mr. Wieber has acted as principal-in-charge of numerous major projects for the firm, including:
– Buck Center for Research on Aging, Marin County, CA
– Clay Center for the Arts & Sciences, Charleston, WV
– Cleveland Institute of Music, Expansion Project, Cleveland, OH
– The J. Paul Getty Fine Arts Center, Los Angeles, CA
– Marine Corps Museum of the Carolinas, Jacksonville, NC
– MIT Walker Memorial Hall Music & Theater Arts, Cambridge, MA
– Montclair State University Theater Complex, Montclair, NJ
– National Museum of the American Indian-Masterplan, Washington, DC
– Performing Arts Center, Fort Worth, TX
– Philadelphia Academy of Music II, Philadelphia, PA
– Philadelphia Orchestra Hall, Philadelphia, PA
– Princeton University 20 Washington Rd, Princeton, NJ
– Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, Cleveland, OH
– Seattle Art Museum, Seattle, WA
– The Purdue Pharma Research Center, Ardsley, NY
– University of Michigan, Walgreen Drama Center
– University of Pennsylvania Museum, Philadelphia, PA
– Yale University, New Haven, CT
Hendrie Hall Renovation
Morse College and Ezra Stiles College, Renovation and Expansion
Sprague Memorial Hall
Beginning in 2017, Mr. Wieber has stepped away from management of the firm, but will continue to provide engineering services as well as spearheading the firm’s 3-D modeling activities.