J. Kenny Wieber Sr., P.E.
J. Kenny Wieber joined Altieri in 1982 as Chief Mechanical Engineer. He was appointed Principal in 1986. His extensive experience in design and contracting quickly established him as a key member of Altieri’s leadership team. Kenny’s experience with both contracting and consulting engineering firms allowed for unique insight into the practical implementation of Altieri’s designs and for thoroughly knowledgeable participation in the construction administration process.
From September 1986 through December 1997, Kenny led Altieri’s work at the J. Paul Getty Museum in Los Angeles, California. He directed and coordinated the work of the firm’s three mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection design teams throughout the design and construction processes. During this period, Altieri’s effort totaled 150,000 man-hours of design and construction administration.
At the same time, Kenny directed all mechanical engineering and plumbing standards for the firm, managed the firm’s computer networks, hardware and software, and oversaw printing and plotting operations.
In 2017, Kenny stepped away from management of the firm, but in his consultant role continues to support Altieri’s mission through the design of inventive engineering solutions that honor the creative visions of our clients and the integrity of the architecture. Kenny also leads Altieri’s 3-D modeling activities.
- – Academy of Music, Philadelphia, PA
- – Buck Institute for Research on Aging, Novato, CA
- – Carolina Museum of the Marine, Jacksonville, NC
- – Clay Center for the Arts & Sciences, Charleston, WV
- – Cleveland Institute of Music, Cleveland, OH
- – MIT Walker Memorial Hall, Cambridge, MA
- – Montclair State University, Department of Theatre and Dance, Montclair, NJ
- – Nancy Lee and Perry R. Bass Performance Hall complex, Fort Worth, TX
- – National Museum of the American Indian, Washington DC
- – Princeton University, Julis Romo Rabinowitz Building & Louis A. Simpson International Building, Princeton, NJ
- – Purdue Pharma Research Center, Ardsley, NY
- – Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, Cleveland, OH
- – Seattle Art Museum, Seattle, WA
- – The J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles, CA
- – The Philadelphia Orchestra Hall, Philadelphia, PA
- – University of Michigan School of Music, Theatre & Dance, Walgreen Drama Center
- – University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology, Philadelphia, PA
- – Yale University, Adams Center for Musical Arts, New Haven, CT
- – Yale University, Morse College and Ezra Stiles College, New Haven, CT
- – Yale University, Sprague Hall, New Haven, CT