John Altieri established John L. Altieri Consulting Engineers in 1959, building upon his successful career with Voorhees Walker Smith, Smith and Haines, (now HLW International). Andrew J. Sebor joined the firm in 1978 followed by J. Kenny Wieber in 1982. When John Altieri retired in 1994, the firm became known as Altieri Sebor Wieber or ASW.
To acknowledge the firm’s ongoing achievements and honor its founder, the firm is currently known simply as Altieri. Today, seven principals, five of whom are third generation principals within the firm continue to embody the ideals established by John Altieri.