J. Kenny Wieber, Jr. P.E., LEED® AP BD+C
Ken Wieber began working for Altieri as an intern. He was made a Principal in 2011 and leads one of Altieri’s four design studios. He has considerable expertise in the design of specialty mechanical systems for architecturally challenging programs such as Steinway Hall and Glenstone Museum, as well as for the modernizing of historic buildings such as the Museum of the City of New York and the Folger Shakespeare Library.
Ken brings expansive creativity to his projects, pushing Altieri’s design philosophy forward by working closely in tandem with his clients. The key relationship between setting client expectations and the ultimate success of a project is a focus of his approach. Ken’s management style emphasizes open communication and a shared goal of achieving the architect’s and client’s vision.
While Ken’s portfolio includes many of Altieri’s significant cultural and higher education projects, it also comprises key hospitality and residential projects, both institutional and private, the most recent being the Café, a standalone restaurant at the Glenstone Museum.
When not designing specialty systems for complex building programs, Ken can be found woodworking or rebuilding a classic Alfa Romeo.
- – 5thAvenue Penthouse, New York, NY
- – 75thStreet Townhouse, New York, NY
- – 77thStreet Carriage House, New York, NY
- – David Zwirner Gallery, 20thStreet, New York, NY
- – Folger Shakespeare Library, Washington DC
- – Glenstone Museum, Potomac, MD
- – Jazz at Lincoln Center, New York, NY
- – MCC Theater, New York, NY
- – Museum of the City of New York, New York, NY
- – Princeton University, Julis Romo Rabinowitz Building & Louis A. Simpson International Building, Princeton, NJ
- – Private Residence, East Hampton, NY
- – Rouge Tomate, New York, NY
- – Smithsonian Institution, Art & Industries Building, Washington DC
- – Steinway Hall, Flagship Store, New York, NY
- – Wellesley College, Pendleton Hall West, Wellesley, MA
- – Yale University, Adams Center for Musical Arts, New Haven, CT