Philip C. Steiner, P.E.
Principal, Managing Director
Philip Steiner joined Altieri in 1989 and, in addition to his strategic leadership, continues to be responsible for designing complex engineering solutions for many significant building projects, particularly those involving historic buildings and conservation environments.
Prior to becoming Managing Director in 2017, Phil directed the total systems design and engineering for the addition and renovation of the Museum of Modern Art in New York City, among other iconic building projects. He is currently leading the office’s design work in the renovation and expansion of the Philadelphia Museum of Art, the Santa Barbara Museum of Art, and the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology (Penn Museum).
For many years, Phil lectured in Systems Integration at Yale University’s Graduate School of Architecture and on building systems as part of the AIA Connecticut Architect Registration Examination (ARE) review. He has taught Environmental Design at Yale, has served as a panelist on the New York State Council of the Arts grant committee, and is a past director and Building Committee member at both the Darien YMCA and the Neighborhood Music School in New Haven, CT. Phil has mentored Stamford, CT high school students as part of the ACE Mentor Program (Architecture-Construction-Engineering) and when not sharing his time and expertise far and wide, he can be found anywhere near the ocean – fishing, surfing, bicycling, and walking his great Labrador Retriever, Rosie.
- – Brooklyn Historical Society, Brooklyn, NY
- – Carnegie Hall, New York, NY
- – Connecticut Science Center, Hartford, CT
- – FDR Presidential Library and Museum, Henry A. Wallace Visitor and Educational Center, Hyde Park, NY
- – Fort Ticonderoga, Mars Education Center, Ticonderoga, NY
- – Lyman Allyn Art Museum, New London, CT
- – Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center, Great Barrington, MA
- – Mark Twain House, Hartford, CT
- – Museum of Modern Art, New York, NY
- – National Lighthouse Museum, Staten Island, New York
- – Orville H. Platt High School, Meriden, CT
- – Philadelphia Museum of Art, Philadelphia, PA
- – Philip Johnson Brick House, New Canaan, CT
- – Santa Barbara Museum of Art, Santa Barbara, CA
- – Social Media Company, New York, NY
- – The J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles, CA
- – The Ringling, Ca’ d’Zan, Sarasota, FL
- – University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology, Philadelphia, PA
- – Yale University, Betts House, New Haven, CT