J. Kenny Wieber Sr., P.E.
J. Kenny Wieber Sr. joined Altieri in 1982 as Chief Mechanical Engineer. He was appointed Principal in 1986. Kenny’s experience with both contracting and consulting engineering firms allowed for unique insight into the practical implementation of Altieri’s designs and for thoroughly knowledgeable participation in the construction administration process.
From September 1986 through December 1997, Kenny led Altieri’s work at The Getty Center in Los Angeles, California. He directed and coordinated the work of the firm’s three mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection design teams throughout the design and construction processes. Altieri’s effort totaled 150,000 man-hours of design and construction administration. During the same period, Kenny also led the firm’s design work for the new Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum working with I.M. Pei.
In 2017, Kenny stepped away from management of the firm, but in his consultant role continues to support Altieri’s mission through the design of inventive engineering solutions. Kenny also leads Altieri’s 3-D modeling activities.
- Academy of Music, Philadelphia, PA
- Buck Institute for Research on Aging, Novato, CA
- Carolina Museum of the Marine, Jacksonville, NC
- Clay Center for the Arts & Sciences, Charleston, WV
- Cleveland Museum of Art, Cleveland, OH
- Cleveland Institute of Music, Mixon Hall, Cleveland, OH
- The Getty Center, Los Angeles, CA
- MIT Walker Memorial Hall, Cambridge, MA
- Montclair State University, Department of Theatre and Dance, Montclair, NJ
- Nancy Lee and Perry R. Bass Performance Hall complex, Fort Worth, TX
- National Museum of the American Indian, Washington DC
- Penn Museum, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- The Philadelphia Orchestra Hall, Philadelphia, PA
- Princeton University, Julis Romo Rabinowitz Building & Louis A. Simpson International Building, Princeton, NJ
- Purdue Pharma Research Center, Ardsley, NY
- Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, Cleveland, OH
- Seattle Art Museum, Seattle, WA
- University of Michigan, Stamps Auditorium, Ann Arbor, MI
- University of Michigan, Walgreen Drama Center, Ann Arbor, MI
- Yale University, Adams Center for Musical Arts, New Haven, CT
- Yale University, Morse College and Ezra Stiles College, New Haven, CT
- Yale University, Sprague Hall, New Haven, CT