Kristen A. Butts, P.E., LEED AP, WELL AP
Kristen Butts joined Altieri in 2006 upon receiving her Bachelor’s and Master’s of Architectural Engineering with an emphasis on Mechanical Engineering from The Pennsylvania State University. Since then, she has worked on many of the firm’s complex museum and higher education projects, advancing Altieri’s creative engineering design expertise.
The key relationship between design team coordination and the ultimate success of a project is a focus of Kristen’s approach. Her management style emphasizes partnership, open communication, and a shared goal of achieving the architect’s vision. Kristen’s design work and project management responsibilities for the Corning Museum of Glass project are a perfect example of her collaborative approach. The Corning Museum program also presented design constraints in its mandate to create museum conditions in a space with significant limitations. Kristen’s ability to address such design challenges with innovative solutions was also an essential element of the success of this project.
Kristen teaches a course in Systems Integration at Yale University’s Graduate School of Architecture.
- American Museum of Natural History, New York City, NY
- Barnes Foundation, Philadelphia, PA
- The Brooks School, North Andover, MA
- The Clark Art Institute, Williamstown, MA
- Corning Museum of Glass, Contemporary Art + Design Wing and Amphitheater Hot Shop, Corning, NY
- Distinguished private residential projects in Greenwich, Long Island, Texas
- Eastern Connecticut State University, Fine Arts Instructional Center, Willimantic, CT
- Guild Hall Museum, East Hampton, NY
- Harvard Divinity School, Swartz Hall, Cambridge, MA
- Harvard Law School, Lewis Law Center, Cambridge, MA
- Long Island University College of Veterinary Medicine, Brookville, NY
- North Carolina Museum of Art, Raleigh, NC
- Peabody Essex Museum, Gallery Expansion, Salem, MA
- Springfield Technical Community College, Ira H. Rubenzahl Student Learning Commons, Springfield, MA
- Sunset Country Club, Sumter, SC
- Waterloo Neighborhood Park and Moody Amphitheater, Austin, TX
- Yale University Art Gallery, New Haven, CT